Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Peanut Butter Fudge

Fudge is not one of my strong points.  I don't know why but it never seems to turn out like I want it.  Maybe I am too picky.  I found this recipe and tried it this weekend.  It turned out almost perfect, not really soft but not super hard either.  It was about the consistency of the fudge that you get in Gatlinburg at the fudge shops.  One hint I would suggest is have your peanut butter and marshmallow creme measured out into a bowl so all you have to do is dump it in when the time is ready. 

Peanut Butter Fudge

2 cups sugar
1/2 cup milk
1 1/3 cups peanut butter
1 7 oz jar marshmallow creme

Combine sugar and milk in a heavy sauce pan.  Cook on medium high until mixture boils stirring frequently.  Boil for 3 minutes then remove from heat.  Add peanut butter and marshmallow creme and stir until mixed.  Pour into a buttered 9 inch baking dish.  Allow to cool before cutting into squares.

No comments:

Post a Comment