Thursday, December 15, 2011

Stuffed Pepper Soup

I saw a recipe for this on Pinterest but changed it some.  I made it today and it was a huge hit.  Hope you like it too!

Stuffed Pepper Soup

1 lb ground chuck
1 lb sausage
1 medium onion, chopped
1 bell pepper, chopped ( I used half of an orange one and half a green one to add color)
1 tsp garlic
1 tsp Montreal steak seasoning
1 16 oz tomato sauce
2 cans petite diced tomatoes
4 cups chicken stock
2 cups instant rice

Brown ground chuck and sausage.  Add onions and pepper when the meat is about half cooked.  Season with garlic and steak seasoning.  Add tomato sauce, tomatoes, and stock.  Simmer on low for 1 hour.  In a separate pot, cook rice according to directions on package.  Ladle soup into bowl and top with a large spoonful of rice.

2 comments:

  1. Yum! Made it for supper tonight and both of us LOVED it! Goes really good with a crusty loaf of bread. I love this blog by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Laura! I wish I had more time to add more recipes. Hopefully, one day I can add more.

    ReplyDelete